Old 09-30-2009, 11:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Crosis101
Default Space Wolves.... How's joining the Sons of Russ?
When I looked at starting 40K 15 years ago I wanted to because of the Space Wolves, but didn't because of the cartoony feel of 2nd. Ed. When third ed came out I jumped in with both feet and played Space Wolves. Time went on and I wound around to other armies... but with the new codex coming out, who is going to be jumping on the Sons of Russ train?

Any new players to the fold because of them? I know I will be rebuilding my army. ;->
AKA: ViperWingLeader
Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Space Wolves.... How's joining the Sons of Russ?
I initially said I was just going to grab a box to get it out of my system… Suffice to say it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop there .

The Kits are amazing… And the Codex has some great fluff… I can’t wait to get these guys on the table!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:36 PM

Truth you are so weak. I was able to hold off doing a Wolf army. Well for about forty seconds longer than you did.

The figures sell the army. The rules are great but for me the figures really sell the army. The upgrade sprue is beautiful, I think all said and done you ge fifty+ heads in the box.
And if you don't want to do this army, don't look at the terminators. The GW sculptors really out did themselves this time, the termis are absolutly beautiful.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:33 PM

Looking at the sprues in the latest WD (haven't seen the stuff in person) I bet those bits would be great for a CSM army too.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:55 PM

My first experience with the Space Wolves was with Space Hulk, when during a demo of the game someone pulled out a ziplock with half a dozen Wolf Guard in it and asked if he could use them (and their improved stats) instead of his more generic Terminators. Since that point I've tried to start up armies with them several times, and I've yet to actually follow through.

Right now I've got Tau, Orks, and regular Marines waiting for paint, and I know that as it is I'm going to have trouble in the near future once I get a new job and have to move all my pewter & plastic. But I can't help but want to get back into these guys again and start putting together a force.

I'm hoping that something else shiny catches my eye before my bank account fills back up again, but I've a feeling that sooner or later I'll end up with some Wolves on my desk.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:18 PM

Having Space Wolves on your desk is a good thing. Having a real wolf on your desk would be a bad thing. So if I had to choose between the two I would go with starting the Space Wolf army. How's that for logic?
Old 10-10-2009, 03:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kainthedragoonx Send a message via MSN to Kainthedragoonx Send a message via Yahoo to Kainthedragoonx
Space wolves are freakin' sweet, so you should buy them.

Unique enough that they don't feel like a rip off a vanilla marine, and cool enough you don't feel like a boy scout (read Ultramarines)

Plus Termis in Drop Pods...what wins more than that?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:18 PM

Termis in drop pods for the win!

I am planning to do a whole new army of wolves. I haven't really played them since they got rid of the Rhino rush (Blood Claws in rhinos + Blood Claw Bikers = mass assault), but the new models look great, the new rules are cool too. I don't like how they nerfed the crap out of the characters (and raised their point values at least a little at the same time), but you don't have to take more than one anymore. And Jaws of the Wolf is sick! Space Wolves!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kainthedragoonx Send a message via MSN to Kainthedragoonx Send a message via Yahoo to Kainthedragoonx
Played a game or two with them now. Great stuff. Not as "cheesy" as vanilla marines but totally different and unique and awesome!

I love me the space wolves!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to Spencer Send a message via Yahoo to Spencer Send a message via Skype™ to Spencer
I am using the codex for my own DIY chapter, I love the tactics that I can create with the list.