Old 11-18-2010, 09:13 AM
virgilsc

Default What are some cool miniatures games?
Right now I have two 2500+ point warhammer 40k armies but the game just seems like its starting to lose its fun for me. What are some cool miniatures games (that are still in production so nothing like MechWarrior or anything like that) that one can play. I have looked into things like Flames of War and Warmachine but I honestly have no idea what goes on in those games so a short run down would be nice too.

Thanks in advance
-Alex
Old 01-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Default Re: What are some cool miniatures games?
I have no idea how I missed this before.

There are tons of them, it really comes down to what you want to play.

What style of game are you looking for?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:14 AM

Mercs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:37 PM

I hear warmachine is pretty good. I watched a game of it the other day for the first time, it looked good. The minis rock too!

There is also Hordes, the fantasy version of the game that shares a lot of the same rules.

It's OOP now, but I really like the Starship Troopers game. I'm not sure what happened to it, but my guess is lack of support on both sides of the coin. It had some interesting game rules. It was a blend of turn based gameplay and impulse. You fought as a unit, and when other units approached you could "react" to them. There were only three playable armies though, but there was a fourth one in the works just as it got the axe.

Now I'm stuck with all the minis with nothing to do with them. I even tried to eBay them at one point, for a huge loss, and still nothing. Maybe I'll donate them to some charity. "Table top battle games for the homeless." That'll teach'em!
Old 07-01-2011, 02:01 AM

Does anyone know anything about the Ambush Alley games? I hear that Force on Force is supposed to be really good, and they're releasing a sci-fi version in the near future.

As I understand, the system is compatible with any scale, so you can use whatever armies suit your fancy.